Farm Stewardship Program:
The Farm Stewardship Program (FSP) provides Saskatchewan producers funding to implement beneficial management practices (BMPs) in three priority areas – water, climate change and biodiversity.
The FSP focuses on four outcomes:
- Demonstrated improvements on water quality;
- Demonstrated reductions in greenhouse gas emissions;
- Enhanced resilience of the agriculture sector; and
- Biodiversity maintained.
A BMP is defined as any agricultural management practice that:
- Ensures the long-term health and sustainability of land-related resources used for agricultural production;
- Positively impacts the long-term economic and environmental viability of agricultural production; and
- Minimizes negative impacts and risk to the environment.
Each BMP has its own funding limits and eligibility requirements. Separate applications must be made for each eligible project. To learn about a specific BMP, please refer to the BMP page.